A lawyer is a person who practices law, as an advocate, barrister, attorney, counselor or solicitor or chartered legal executive. Working as a lawyer involves the practical application of abstract legal theories and knowledge to solve specific individualized problems, or to advance the interests of those who hire lawyers to perform legal services.
The role of the lawyer varies greatly across legal jurisdictions, and so it can be treated here in only the most general terms.
- Oral argument in the courts
- Research and drafting of court papers
- Advocacy (written and oral) in administrative hearings
- Client intake and counseling (with regard to pending litigation)
- Legal advice
- Protecting intellectual property
- Negotiating and drafting contracts
- Carrying out the intent of the deceased
- Prosecution and defense of criminal suspects
Best website refers for lawyer and court
The Registrar, Supreme Court of India, Tilak Marg, New Delhi-110201 011-23388922-24,23388942. FAX 011-23381508,23381584
Bombay High Court
Gujarat High Court
Lawyers in India, best of lawyers are listed in the lawyers directory, send lawyers in India your legal problem online for free..
Find out more about the average lawyer salary and learn where the best-paying metropolitan areas are for a lawyer across the country.
Apply to 25 Lawyer Jobs in Pune on Naukri.com, India's No.1 Job Portal. Explore Lawyer job openings in Pune Now!
Lawyers advise and represent individuals, businesses, and government agencies on legal issues and disputes.