<<< Back to Index
DEFINITION of 'Weather Insurance' A type of protection against a financial loss that may be incurred because of rain, snow, storms, wind, fog, undesirable temperatures or other adverse, measurable weather conditions.
Weather Insurance Plan Covers:
- If there is a deviation of the observed weather index from strike index, it shoots up the operational cost with reference to agricultural/non-agricultural economic activity. The policy covers the same.
- If extreme weather conditions harm the production of your crops. This can happen in a specific geographical and particular season, you are covered against such a loss.
Weather Insurance Policy Exclusions:
- Damages caused due to nuclear waste, combustion or fuel.
- Loss or damage caused due to radioactive, explosive toxic or hazardous properties explosion.
- Loss or damages caused due to terrorist activities.
- War, foreign invasions, unlawful operations, civil war, anti-social activities, hostilities, rebellion, detention, seizure, confiscation, etc.
- Man Made anti-social activities like riots, strike, malicious acts, pollution contamination, and other damaging conditions which are not pertaining to the weather.
Companies providing Weather Insurance are:
In India the leading insurance providers for weather insurance are
ICICI Lombard General Insurance
It is mandatory to provide the following documents to buy a weather insurance –
- Valid photo identity proof
- Land record – pertaining to the standing crop for which the insurance is taken