Contents Insurance

<<< Back to Index 

Contents Insurance

Contents Insurance

Contents insurance is insurance that pays for damage to, or loss of, an individual's personal possessions while they are located within that individual's home. Some contents insurance policies also provide restricted cover for personal possessions temporarily taken away from the home by the policyholder.

What is covered by contents insurance?

Contents insurance covers the financial cost of repairing or replacing your household personal possessions and furnishings, such as curtains, furniture, white goods, stereo, TV, computers and other electrical appliances, clothing, jewellery, sporting equipment and even toys.

How much is contents insurance on average?

The average home has contents worth £45,000 and a contents insurance policy costs on average £138 a year.

Are phones covered on contents insurance?

You'll probably find that your home contents insurance covers your mobile phone if it's stolen during a house break-in. Your insurance company might also offer you the option of adding accidental damage cover for your phone in the home, or cover for your belongings – including your phone – outside the home.

Is it compulsory to have contents insurance?

Is it compulsory to insure my contents? Whereas buildings insurance may be required by a lender before you can have a mortgage, contents insurance is completely optional, but a very sensible idea.

What is contents insurance UK?

Household contents insurance. It is a good idea to take out home contents insurance to cover your possessions against fire, theft and other risks, such as accidental damage.

What is contents insurance for business?

Building your business contents cover. Public liability insurance is a key cover for many businesses, as it can protect you if someone is injured or their property is damaged because of your business.

Is kitchen included in contents insurance?

buildings insurance covers the structure of the building, plus permanent "fixtures and fittings" such as baths, fitted kitchens etc. The test is - can it reasonably be removed and taken to another home- If it can, then it is part of the "contents" and it will not generally be covered by a buildings policy.